Call open for the International Training Programme 308
The call is now open for the second round of the International Training Programme: Mine Water and Mine Waste Management.
Mine water and mine waste management, or ITP 308 (International Training Programme), is a training programme offered by the Geological Survey of Sweden (SGU) in collaboration with Luleå University of Technology (LTU) and the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency (Swedish EPA). The training is open to participants from low and middle income countries with a growing or established mining industry. Trainings are held in Sweden and with project work in the participant’s countries over the course of almost a year. The training is financed by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida).
The call for the second training round is now open and can be found through the link below. The theme of the training is mining and the environment and the aim is that the participants can learn and share important aspects relating to this:
- mineral extraction, society and environment
- environmental protection and biodiversity
- waste generation, waste prevention, recycling and waste disposal
- acid rock drainage, waste characterisation, water treatment
- waste rock and tailings storage facilities
- mine closure and rehabilitation
- transparent and inclusive processes in permitting and inspection
For this training, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Zambia are prioritised countries. Candidates from other Southern and East African countries may be considered.
Senast granskad: 2018-12-19